Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Future Enforcer



After much consideration I have come to a realization that perhaps joining the military wasn't exactly something that was going to be happening for me, considering the fact that I do have asthma and enlisting in the military would put my health at risk. For those of you who do not know, for a while I was considering the Navy and after much consideration my choice soon changed to the Air National Guard. These days it had seemed as if taking a trip out to March Air Reserve Base in Riverside would have been a total waste of time. It was this passed weekend on the way to Palm Springs when my parents had asked me if I wanted to enroll in LVN school. I realized long ago that nursing was just something I did not want to do. Within that conversation with my parents, the idea of enrolling in the police academy at Rio Hondo had come up and my parents were fully supportive. I have done minimal amount of research and realized that there are pros and cons to being either a city police or a sheriff. I will actually be applying to both to see how each would work out. The thing about the police academy is that I would have to spend about $3,400 on tuition and gear. For the sheriffs academy, I wouldn't have to pay, however, upon completion of the academy I would have to spend some time working in corrections. I guess right now I will just apply for both and see whichever program becomes available first. I just hope that the things in my past will not be a problem on either the oral exam and polygraph test. Wish me luck!!..

No comments: